Tips for Your Field Trip
Arrival at TELUS World of Science - Edmonton
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start of your program.
- Teachers must check in at the Box Office to provide updated numbers and payment. Our volunteer staff will greet you in the lobby and direct you to your first program.
- Late arrival for IMAX films and planetarium shows will not be allowed entry once the show has started.
- Late for Science Programs, Science Demonstrations and Science Labs will results in parts of the program being omitted, as the program end times will not be adjusted.
Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behaviour of their group and are required to supervise and stay with students at all times during their visit to TELUS World of Science.
- Required Chaperones (minimum requirement):
Grades K-6 require 1 chaperone per 5 students
Grades 7-12 require 1 chaperone per 10 students
Storing Your Belongings
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton provides limited storage racks for coats, boots, and lunches. Our facility cannot be responsible for the security of personal belongings. Please discourage your group from bringing valuables on-site. Loonie lockers are also available across from the Box Office in the lobby.
- If you would like to order lunch from the Purple Pear Cafe, please fill out our online order form.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gallery areas, including the hallways and areas connecting the galleries.
- Please use only designated eating areas. Eating areas include:
- Cafe (only if purchasing lunch)
- Outdoor patio (weather dependant)
- We ask that teachers and chaperones stay with students while in the Cafe or eating areas.
School groups and public visitors are requested to handle all exhibits and learning materials in a respectful manner. Any damages incurred from misuse will be the responsibility of the school.
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton House Managers are prepared to perform first aid for all visitors. Please contact the House Manager or a staff member if you require first aid.
Free parking is available for buses and vehicles in our parking lot at 111 Avenue and 142 Street. Buses can drop-off and pick-up in our roundabout, but are not permitted to park there.
- Please respect our environment. Ask your bus drivers not to leave the bus idling while waiting for your group.
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is fully wheelchair accessible, including our IMAX® Theatre and Margaret Zeidler Theatre. Elevators and ramps throughout the facility make it easy to get around and all our washrooms have large stalls. Rental of wheelchairs and strollers is available at the Box Office in the lobby.