Sleep Under the Stars!
Pack your sleeping bags & treat your class to the ultimate overnight field trip experience!
Sleepover Programs at the science centre are unlike any other field trip in the city. We'll help you and your students create lasting memories, as we show you to the best slumber party ever.
Creating a fun, engaging and unique Sleepover Program for your class is easy!
Before sleeping under the stars, in the Margaret Zeidler Star Theatre planetarium, you could:
- Watch an IMAX film on Alberta's largest screen!
- Experience an out-of-this-world planetarium show on the full dome.
- Discover each of the exhibit galleries like never before.
- Explore the Feature Exhibition (when available).
- Participate in awesome live science demonstrations and hands-on science activities
Dates: Weeknight bookings are available for school groups.
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. the following day. Flexible timing may be available upon request.
Cost: $79.00 (+GST) per participant. Evening pizza-break and a morning breakfast are included in the cost. Additional food may be ordered. Please inquire at time of booking.
Minimum attendance: 20
Maximum attendance: 90. Please note: large groups may be divided into smaller group to better facilitate programming.
Plan your Sleepover Program
You can even customize your class' Sleepover Program by choosing two (2) of the following programs:
- Additional planetarium show of your choice
- Roller Coaster science program
- Forensic Science program
- Engineering program
- Airplanes & Flight program
- Ecology program
- Additional science demonstration of your choice, including an astronomy themed show
Additional School Programs may be booked outside of the Sleepover Program (beginning before or after the Sleepover Program ends).
Sleepover Program Requirements
- Participants must supply their own sleeping bag, twin-sized air mattress or foam underlay, pillow and personal hygiene materials. No cots please.
- 1 adult chaperone required for every 5 children. Chaperones are responsible for, and must supervise and stay with, their group during the entire visit.