Field Trip Policies
Field Trip Policies
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is a popular field trip destination for hundreds of schools each year. Please review all the policies and details before booking.
1. Late Arrival
- Late arrival for science programs and demos will result in parts of the program being omitted.
- Late arrivals for IMAX and planetarium shows will not be allowed entry once the show has started.
- If a school is late, all items on the booking are still the responsibility of that school.
2. Confirmation of Your Booking
- Teachers will be sent a confirmation upon booking. Please review your booking to ensure all the details are correct. It is the teacher’s responsibility to contact us immediately if there is a concern.
- Expected attendance numbers will be required 5 business days in advance of your field trip to confirm seats held for your school.
- If you arrive with more students, number will be adjusted up (subject to capacity). If you arrive with fewer students, numbers may be adjusted down within a specified range.
- Teachers are required to check-in at the Box Office. We prefer to receive payment of the balance on the day of your field trip in the form of school/division cheque or credit card. Please let the Box Office know if you require an invoice.
- End of term field trips will be accommodated with less notice, based on availability.
3. Deposit Policy
- To hold your field trip spots, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required within 5 business days of making your booking. Please contact our booking agents to make your deposit either at the time of booking or within the 5 business days.
- Payment can be made by credit card or school cheque, payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation.
- A field trip is only canceled with the teacher’s confirmation. If you no longer want your field trip date, please email our booking department.
- TWOSE is a popular field trip destination and the school programs are often at capacity. The deposit ensures fairness for schools and allows us to keep your costs down.
4. Cancellation Policy
- If a program is cancelled with MORE than 3 weeks (15 business days) notice prior to your field trip and rescheduled within the same school year, the 50% deposit will be transferred to the new booking.
- If a booking is cancelled or rescheduled with LESS than 3 weeks (15 business days) notice prior to the original booking date, the original 50% deposit is forfeited and a new deposit will be required for a new booking.
- If LESS than 48 hours’ notice is given for cancellation, including day of no shows, the full program cost will be charged.
- If a school has to cancel for inclement weather conditions:
a) If the booking is rescheduled during the same school year then the deposit will be transferred to the new booking.
b) If the booking is not rescheduled then the deposit is forfeited.
5. School Group Admission Policy
- A group of students and their supervisors shall be considered a school group if they are participating in a field trip organized through: (1) An institution accredited by Alberta Education (or equivalent from another province or country); (2) An organization licensed by Alberta Social Services for supervised child care, (3) Home schooling.
6. School Group Supervision Policy:
All school groups require adult supervision during their field trip.
Required Chaperones (minimum requirement):
- Grades K-6 require 1 chaperone* per 5 students
- Grades 7-12 require 1 chaperone* per 10 students
Teachers and chaperones are admitted free for building admission, programs and planetarium shows and feature exhibition, within the required chaperone ratios listed above. Any teachers and chaperones over the required ratio will be charged the student rate. All teachers and chaperones are charged school rates for IMAX films and Features Exhibitions.
Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behaviour of their group and are required to supervise and stay with students at all times during their visit to TELUS World of Science - Edmonton.
7. School Group Admission Fees
- School group admission fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
- No passes, coupons or discounts are accepted with school group bookings.
- TELUS World of Science - Edmonton's Membership rate is not valid on school program fees.
8. Day of Field Trip
- Please arrive at least 15-minutes prior to the scheduled start of your program.
- Teachers must register at the Box Office to provide updated numbers and payment.
- Our Guest Relations staff will greet you in the lobby and direct you to your program.